Friday, December 16, 2005

Who needs a Crackberry?

If you haven't tried http://www.google.com/glm/gmail you are missing out. I have a shitty, low-end, candybar Sanyo running on Sprint's network. I'm used to disappointment with m-apps. Hell, the interface on my phone must have been designed by monkeys, no wait, worse--the designers of the Chevy Suburban interior, but that's for another day. After several attempts, I am sorry to say that I cannot figure out how to use their web browser. And until this point, I've not had much motivation. Sprint has a hard coded "home" and, still thinking that it is 1999, owns all that real estate, forcing me to use their content partners. So the conundrum: how can I use this mobile mail if I can't get to it?

Praise Google! Even though I can't find a way to enter a URL, the benevolent web deity allows me to enter my phone number so that they can text me the URL (which I can click). Now, if I can only figure out how to create bookmarks. . . damn, where did I put that manual?