Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Is this for Real?

As many of you know, I have no problem making the argument that, as a consultant, it is important for me to stay abreast of new technology and to investigate ideas, even ideas that don't directly impinge on my current project, on the client's dime. After all, I'm not a plumber and the client doesn't rent me by the hour--they rent me by the day, and if I have extra time, I'm not going to let my brain rot. No, sir. I can make myself more valuable to them down the road by learning about new tech even though it doesn't relate to my current role. (You might argue that's the right of an employee, but I won't listen to you. I'm thick-headed and would go crazy if I didn't adopt this perspective.)

So in that spirit, I've been investigating Google video, in the interest of science mind you. This feed is 3 minutes of some of the best nature footage I've ever seen. Watch it. Let me know if you discover it is a hoax.