Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Spam Stock Tracker

I worked with a guy a couple years back who was made rich by the madness Steve Case created at AOL. My friend was a nice guy, trusting and kind. One day he found a fax in the tray that told him to buy stock in this bridge building company in Iraq or something and, no shit, he dropped a pile of money in it. I know what you're thinking. "OMG! No he didn't!! Well, as PT Barnum would say, 'A fool and his money are soon parted.'" But here's the kicker--HE DOUBLED HIS MONEY. Unbelievable. To the mere mortals in the office (who have to work) the universe was mocking us. I am in no way tempted to follow his "strategy" (I'm known for my "buy high, sell low" strategy) and thought this site was a great case study in the bogus "opportunity" that is spam stock.

http://www.spamstocktracker.com/

Great data, fast read.